Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Free Website Review : Is Your Page Optimized to Attract and Retain Visitors?

Pin It
If you are new to the blogging world like I am, setting up your website can be rather tricky.  What may look good to you may not look good to others.  
More importantly, if your site is poorly designed, first time visitors might just "bounce" off your site in a second, never getting to read all of the wonderful content you've poured your heart and soul into.
A new blog I found through Twitter called "Review my Website" reviews your site for free, offering tips on improving your website.
Here is the review he did of my blog, along with a screenshot of how it looked at the time of the review:


"I found this blog interesting, and I liked the different designs of shoes!
Here are my improvements:
1. The picture above is what people see when they land on your blog. The black box header is very big, so I suggest to make it smaller, so your fist blog shows more on the page. The first impression is very important.
 2. The title of your blog is unclear. I wasn’t sure if it was the text in pink, or if it was Felicia Nation. If you want people to come back to your blog, make your title clearer so people know what to search. Also make your URL match the title of your website.
3. Get rid of the adverts. I’m not sure if you can control this, but the adverts make it look a bit messy, and if they are only there to help you make a little money, scrap them. I’m sure you can cope without the extra 50p or so they might bring in each month :)
4. Bring your social widgets higher up the page, then people are more likely to know they exist. If people know they exist then they will use them.
5. Contact Kobi Levi and tell him you have blogged about his shoe designs. He might put a link on his blog of you. You never know!
Some interesting ‘Naughty Pictures’… ;D"
I agreed and have implemented all but number 3... I don't really see his point here as there are ads on his own site, and more than mine.  His other suggestions were on point.
If you'd like to submit your site / blog for a review, click here 
Much Love,
 Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment