Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Scary Story: Getting to Sleep in My First Apartment

Pin It I was always a scaredy cat as a child, and when I moved in to my first apartment on my own, I would find it very difficult to fall asleep at night, hearing every crick and crack the house made, constantly worried someone would come up my back steps, holding my breath every time someone would enter the building.

Thankfully I had Simba, the sweetest orange tabby that ever lived.  I would fall asleep at night by holding him close to me and getting him to purr.  He had a loud motor, and it would drown everything else out.  If he would stop, I'd just start petting him a little, and he'd start up again.

I'm much better now that I'm older, and I've been living in the same place for 6 years, so I'm familiar with all of this building's noises.

Here's a funny story about my biggest scare ever... (well, it's funny now, I wasn't very amused at the time).

So I was about to drift off to sleep...


When suddenly there was a very loud noise:


It was the loudest noise I ever heard
and the whole building shook.


I managed to climb out of bed to turn on the light and grab my phone.  I called my best frienddespite the fact that it was 1:30 AM.

She tried to talk me down, but I was way too freaked out.  She told me to call a Taxi, but I didn't even want to go downstairs.

So she did a three-way to call the Taxi, and I waited for it holding my cordless telephone.

Once I was safely in the cab on my way to her place, we hung up. 


One week later, as I was chatting with my neighbor, I casually mentioned the incident, and that's when he told me he had been sliding on his wood floor and slammed right in to a table.


HAHA!
Felicia

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! I thought that I was bad, except now I sleep with a knife underneath my pillow, for that 'just in case 'moment a serial axe murderer decides to by-pass the row of houses before mine, just to specifically target me.

    My paranoia knows no bounds.

    (Now following you properly, though my avatar may keep disappearing from your followers list...damn google!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, extremely funny, and well-written too as your way of presentation successfully brings visuals of the incident in front of the very eyes of the readers with ease. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete